Tuesday 15 July 2014

Countdown to Australia


The Month 3 assessments have been done. I don't need to go back now until Month 6 (always assuming nothing untoward happens). The flights are booked, the scooter has been organised and approved by the airline. I’ve even got a second prescription after something of a hiccup. The GP I saw on Friday couldn’t work out how to do a double prescription to last me six weeks, so he just printed the usual one, which only lasts a month. “The lady on reception knows how to do it,” he said. “Speak to her and I’ll sign another one.”

But she said she was locked out of the system for 24 hours (ie until Monday) because he had printed the first prescription. As I wasn’t going until next Friday she said I had time to request a repeat prescription on Monday which would be ready Wednesday. Oh-my-God! What am I going to do now? That’s cutting it a bit fine. Panic, panic! I can’t run out of meds halfway through my holiday! And I still needed to take the cat to my sister’s. How am I going to fit in trips to the GP and chemist?

I calmed down after a good night’s sleep and first thing on Monday I booked an urgent GP appointment for later that day. I got my second prescription. I relaxed.

I packed that afternoon. Then all that was left was to take Zoe, the cat, to Jo’s. She was going to have her for the six weeks I would be away.

The first time I took Zoe with me to stay there, Tenzing, Jo’s cat, ate from Zoe’s dish, so she pooed in his litter tray. Now they just sort of tolerate each other. One hisses and the other growls, but not much happens. There’s the occasional whack with a paw but mostly they stay out of each other’s way, except at meal times when they both want to be fed first. They're going to have to share a room overnight though, so that could be interesting. I'm sure they'll be fine. Jo's not worried anyway.

Cat installed in her temporary home, I returned to mine the next day and relaxed. I was now ready to fly halfway across the world…

No comments:

Post a Comment